Tuesday, March 22, 2011

PASTORAL CARE

Pastoral Care has been a passion of mine for several years.  I have attended many seminars and symposiums in an attempt to be all that I can be in this area.  The more I learn, the more I realize that I still need to learn.  And I will continue to learn more.

God visited me Monday evening as I was driving up I95 to Spanish class.  And God said:  A joint Betania/Grace Pastoral Care Team is what needs to happen.  That was it.  When God speaks, I don't ask a lot of questions.  In fact, usually NONE.  I just run with what I am given.

RevLois was as excited about this call as I.  We dreamed months down the road.  We mapped out what our first four gatherings might look like.  A union of a Spanish speaking congregation with an English speaking congregation is HUGE.  But what a basic way to bring the two together -- pastoral care is pretty universal.  We love one another.  We care for one another.  And we can learn to do it well -- TOGETHER.

And God being God, today I received an e-mail from Lois passing on an offering from Norwalk Hospital for Pastoral Care Groups -- a course named "No One Dies Alone."  Whoah!  O.K. God, we hear you.  Loud and Clear.
 

No comments: