Thursday, September 27, 2007

EXERCISE? -- NOT!

Almost two weeks since I have been on the treadmill. Weights are gathering dust. And me? I am as happy as a moth in wool. I have given myself permission to relax into each day as it unfolds before me. Attempts at the morning crossword; morning pages which have segwayed into mostly autobiographical snippets, decluttering, some picture taking in the garden, perusing my favorite blogs -- and some new found ones too, discovering "being" and not doing.

I am approaching the end of my seventieth year. Exercise is good. I'll pick it up again next week. A healthy food regimen is good too and I seem to have found that in the Sanoma Diet. SOoo, I've got the "body" part together.

As to the mind, I have always been curious about a variety of things. I so deplored the disappearance of the library card catologue system because in looking for a something, I frequently stumbled over something else. I have followed so many branching topics and developed interest in a lot of strange things. Goats, for instance. I remember reading up on the raising of goats, milking, breeding, cheese making -- it went on and on. Never really wanted to DO it, but throughly enjoyed the knowledge of the doing. The Internet has taken the place of my card catalogue perusing. If it exists, its on the Internet in one form or anther and so aside from books I shall always have challenges for my mind.

So, I have pretty much established a body program that I can live with for the next seventy years, and the mind is always working on something. I am never at a loss for an Internet search or figuring out how to build a something from unlikely materials -- styrafoam bookshelves was my latest inspiration. Always something challenging.

That leaves the continuing quest to further develop and nurture the spirit.

No comments: